Los Angeles, along with Hollywood, has been heart of the cinematic industry for decades. As the city once tempted filmmakers with sunny weather and plenty of space, now it tempts them with its atmosphere. City of Angels is a perfect setting for basically any movie, romance, action, you name it. The diversity will suit almost […]November 7, 2018
See some of the city's most treasured museums and architectural jewels
See some of the city’s most treasured museums and architectural jewels in Downtown LA while you learn about its rich history and culture. Angels Flight, The Bradbury Building, Walt Disney Concert Hall and the beautiful Union Station are among the many interesting sights you’ll see along this 2 hour walking tour.
$35$30 for children 4-12 y/o
Free for under 4 y/o
PERSHING SQUAREBeethoven statue, opposite Metro station Click Here For Map
- 2-hour tour with an English-speaking guide for an immersive experience
- Small groups of 25 or less people so you’ll move fast and see more
- Learn about the history of public transportation in LA - an underrated and extensive metro system
- Discover the prominent men who helped build this city and how they shaped it over the past century
- Revel in notable architecture such as Union Station, The Walt Disney Concert Hall, and the US Bank Tower. Hear stories about their designs and how they've contributed to the gentrification of downtown in recent years
- Hear about the original settlers, the Spanish Empire and Pio Pico
What do we do about lunch?
There is no lunch break but you will get several great food recommendations during this tour.
It does not. We start at Pershing Square and end at Union Station. You are welcome to purchase a metro ticket (with the help of your guide) at the Union Station for your ride back, or you can continue your journey onward from there.
It is important to arrive at the tour starting location at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start time, as we do start the tour promptly. It would be unfair for the others if we need to wait for those that are late. We cannot guarantee you’ll be able to find your tour group if you are late.
You can cancel a tour up to 48 hours prior to your tour date without penalty and receive a full refund. Also prior to 48 hours of your tour date, you can reschedule your tour without penalty. Tour spots are limited.
We only cancel the tour during extreme weather conditions. Otherwise the tour goes on. Please check the weather report and be prepared.
Tips are always appreciated by our guides, but never expected. They should be given if you believe your guide did an outstanding job, and further, if you as an individual want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide for that job well done.
- We understand that your plans sometimes change. That is why we try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible with our Flexible Reschedule Policy. Refund after rescheduling: Once you have been rescheduled, there can be no refunds if you decide not to take the tour.
- Free Rescheduling Anytime: Reschedule your tour anytime without penalty even if you missed the tour.
Start your experience off by learning about LA’s public transportation. Most people picture just one thing when driving in LA: traffic jams. Few realize, however, that LA is home to a world class Metro system which you’ll learn about on this tour. Come hear about the struggle between mass transit and car culture and learn about the demise of the original Red line. Experience it for yourself later in the tour when we hop on the world famous Angels Flight.
Our next few stops will take us to several unique and fascinating locations: The Last Bookstore, The Bradbury Building and the Grand Central Market are all distinctly LA and shouldn’t be missed.
Come see where locals and travelers visit to experience world renowned symphonies and art in the notable institutions that line Grand Street: Walt Disney Concert Hall, The Music Pavilion, The Museum of Contemporary Art and Broad Museum and many more!
Next we’ll go to the Civic Center of LA where you will see and learn about all of the administrative functions that help bring order to this large and sprawling city. You will also hear about local legends such as former Mayor Tom Bradley and retired police chief William Parker.
"Who knew Downtown had so much interesting history!"
Next stop is the cultural hub of Downtown LA and the oldest street in Los Angeles, Olvera. Immerse yourself in the local flavor and experience first hand what pueblo life was like in LA. Learn about the namesake of this great city and come to understand how Spanish Empire helped shape this city.
For our last stop, marvel at the incredible mission revival and art deco infused building that is Union Station. Learn about the history of this transit hub officially known as the Grand Central of the West. After this tour you will be able to impress the locals with your insider knowledge of the subway and never get stuck on the freeway again.