Tour Guide of the Month: Barry Finnegan Barry joined LA Tour1 in 2017 and has been working as a Driving and Hiking Tour Guide. Barry is also a professional actor providing live narration to Planetarium shows at Griffith Observatory. He has also written and produced a couple of web series such as our favorite “Bad News” and many others. Questions: […]May 10, 2018
A short hike to enjoy the stunning views of the Hollywood sign and skyline
Join your expert guide as you discover the area where locals come to get away from it all. You’ll learn the stories of California legends and hear tales of Tinseltown giants like James Dean. There is no other place in the city with as much tranquility, history and star quality.
$35$30 for 12 and under
ROOSEVELT CAFEOutside deck by restrooms See Map
- Enjoy a short hike to view the Hollywood sign and Los Angeles skyline from a unique vantage point
- See the Observatory and learn about the park's history and namesake Griffith J Griffith
- Hear about the legends of Tinseltown giants such as James Dean
- Visit a sophisticated and posh neighborhood, home to many celebrities
- See the Greek Theater, the heart of music in Los Angeles
How much walking is there?
There is between 1.5 to 2 miles of walking at a moderate pace. There will also be 30-40 minutes of hiking up a steep hill, all done at a leisurely pace. If mobility is an issue please arrange for a private tour. Please dress appropriately for long distance walking and for the weather.
It is important to arrive at the tour starting location at least 10-15 minutes prior to the start time, as we do start the tour promptly. It would be unfair for the others if we need to wait for those that are late. We cannot guarantee you’ll be able to find your tour group if you are late.
You can cancel a tour up to 48 hours prior to your tour date without penalty and receive a full refund. Also prior to 48 hours of your tour date, you can reschedule your tour without penalty. Tour spots are limited.
We only cancel the tour during extreme weather conditions. Otherwise the tour goes on. Please check the weather report and be prepared.
Tips are always appreciated by our guides, but never expected. They should be given if you believe your guide did an outstanding job, and further, if you as an individual want to demonstrate your appreciation to the guide for that job well done.
- Just tell the guide your name. No need to print out the ticket or confirmation email.
- ACTIVITY TAKES PLACE OUTDOORS, RAIN OR SHINE: The activity runs regardless of weather conditions. Dress appropriately for the weather. In the rare situation where the seller is forced to cancel the event, guests will be allowed to reschedule to another time (subject to availability) or offered a refund.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early as the tour starts on time. You will not be able to catch up to the tour if late.
- We understand that your plans sometimes change. That is why we try to be as flexible and accommodating as possible with our Flexible Reschedule Policy. Refund after rescheduling: Once you have been rescheduled, there can be no refunds if you decide not to take the tour.
- Free Rescheduling Anytime: Reschedule your tour anytime without penalty even if you missed the tour.
Public bus and subway service to the Vermont/Sunset Metro Red Line station.
Bus, drive or walk up Vermont past Los Feliz Blvd and up to the Roosevelt Cafe (on the right)
Parking: Free neighborhood parking available on Aberdeen Ave. It is not advised to park at Greek Theater, Griffith Observatory or Roosevelt Cafe due to heavy traffic and possible fines.
Tour Ends: Where it begins
Enjoy a short hike as we ascend high above the hustle for a bird’s eye view of Los Angeles and let your guide welcome you to Griffith Park, a ramble of sprawling green hillsides in the heart of LA.
Your experience begins in Los Feliz, a beautiful multi-million dollar residential neighborhood that puts even Beverly Hills to shame.
Come with us and discover iconic locations from your favorite films and television shows such as “LA LA LAND”, “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”,
“Rebel Without A Cause”, “The Hills”, “Charlie’s Angels”, “Criminal Minds” and so much more. Admire the tree-lined streets of Los Feliz, home to celebrities and hopefuls alike and enjoy the lush green landscaping and large blossoming Magnolia trees. We start our tour at the Roosevelt Cafe where you can grab some water and use the restroom before we begin.
"This is the absolute best tour to take when visiting the LA area. Our tour guide Bianca was absolutely phenomenal, and made the hiking trip fun, enjoyable, and exciting."
We will stroll past the Greek Theater, made famous in the blockbuster movie “Get Him to The Greek”, and possibly hear one of your favorite bands warming up for their evening show! We will then go off the paved road and into the “wilderness” of LA for a 30+ minute hike. This short and steep path offers stunning views of the city in all directions.
Throughout the course of the hike we will ascend the equivalent of 15 flights of stairs at a leisurely pace and take frequent stops to admire the views and hear about the history of this beautiful terrain. Often there are film crews shooting scenes along this trail, who knows who we might spot? As we approach the belly of Griffith Observatory, the iconic Hollywood sign will come into view and provide a spectacular backdrop to your photos that will make you the envy of all your friends.
This tour offers unparalleled views of the famed sign and the incredible Los Angeles skyline. Finally get close to the stars when we visit Griffith Observatory, LA’s renowned astronomy museum, with its sweeping terraces. The building is an Art-Deco masterpiece that is considered the “hood ornament” of Los Angeles and is a beloved institution among the locals. You will have the option of entering the building after the tour (see below) or take the short hike back with your guide. No other tour presents the history, beauty and context of this area quite like we do, come find out why!
Griffith Observatory is open Tuesday - Friday from 12 PM - 10 PM, Sat & Sun from 10 AM - 10 PM and closed all day Monday.